Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blogging from a dock in the bay...

Good three day weekend folks. Had fun times with friends and good quality time with the lady. Now back to our regularly scheduled entertainment!

What has happened with fantasy art lately? I look around at old authors and new authors on the shelves of my local used bookstore and notice people shying away from the epic "I really want this airbrushed on my van" type of art. It seems to be being phased out with artsy 'representations' of what it's about or with the non-descript cover panel with the name (I'm looking at you, Song of Ice and Fire...). If I ever get a sportscar, remind me of this and I'll get it custom pained with a wizard or something. Do my little part to bring light to such awesome artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment