Thursday, December 2, 2010

Of Friends and Secrets

Everyone has their secrets, ones which will eat you up inside unless you have someone to share them with. With winter finally here (took it long enough) the weather gives to introspection and contemplation of those secrets with those who we hold close enough to keep them.
If I were religious I would say that I am praying for my friends in troubled times, but I guess I should just wish them luck, logic and purity of heart because these are what everyone needs to make the right decision.
First of all we have luck to be in the right place at the right time, but most importantly the luck of having the right idea pop into the mind at just the right time. Those can be lifesavers.
Second is Logic, because most people have eschewed this for knowledge provided by others. If you are unsure of what to do, listen to other people, weigh what they say against your own ideas and then make a decision. Please, don't (and this applies to everything) just take somebody's word for anything important. Where to eat's fine though.
Third, and most important, is purity of heart. This is your soul, your conscience, or whatever you want to call it. I hope you ask it whenever you're making a decision, especially involving loved ones, because even if something may be ingenious and logical it doesn't mean it won't hurt someone.
But enough about what you need to think. Go out and do.
I'll be chilling here with a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment